Kevin Walter loves Dublin. Dublin is a tremendous place to raise a family, start a business or enjoy with your friends. When he’s not running for Dublin City Council, what are his favorite things to do in Dublin, Ohio? Well, here they are, in no particular order.
1) Indian Run Falls- A hidden gem right in downtown Dublin. Indian Run Falls has the most interesting walking trail in the city. Bring your family for a safe and relaxing hike around the ridge of Indian Run Ravine. From beautiful vistas to quiet spots of solitude, Indian Run Falls offers an oasis in the middle of the city. During the hot summer months, the woodsy hike is a nice cool respite.
2) The Grounds of Remembrance at Veteran’s Park – At the end of the trail, Indian Run Falls empties into the Grounds of Remembrance at Veteran’s Park. This most moving of all parks in Dublin commemorates all the men and women who have sacrificed for our freedoms. The park is highly accessible to all members of the family and is an excellent place to talk with your children about our freedoms and the glory of our country.
3) Ballantrae Park and Water Feature
Soak in the summer fun in another Dublin hidden treasure. This park is a perfect respite for kids and adults alike. Bring you swimsuit and lunch. Enjoy the water and the hike up to the dancing bunnies. Your kids can go on a secret treasure hunt by finding all the interesting items embedded in each of the bunnies.
Picnic benches abound along with views to the stocked duck pond! Plenty of trails abound for biking, jogging or strolling. Located on the city’s south side, Ballantrae Park is an interesting mix for young and old alike. When you’re done, you can drop by the Tuttle Mall for dinner!
4) Dublin Public Library – Tucked in historic Dublin, the Dublin Public Library is a terrific spot to relax for a few hours. Complete multi-media equipped with a terrific children’s collection, the Dublin Public Library is a fun and interesting way to keep your kids interested in reading, especially during the summer months.
5) Slainte Thursday’s – The third Thursday, May through September, is Sláinte Thursday, Historic Dublin’s multi-sensory grazing event. Featuring a variety of experiences from music and arts to casual shopping and upscale dining, it is a monthly opportunity for friends, families and art and music lovers to stroll, mingle and browse among quaint shops and attractive streetscapes.